Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh My...

This past month has been.....stretching (to say the least). My whole life has felt like it's being pulled in a million different directions and my body just can't seem to do it. My mind has been a torrent of thoughts going as fast as the speed of light, only settling for a second before another one come crashing through. Thoughts like:
"Why am I working here?"
"I only have x days left here"
"I'm going back to the States soon!"
"Soon I'll get to see my best buddies and spend Christmas with them!"
"Nicki's getting married!!!"
"Why are they being like that....why do they have to tell me how many days I have left before I leave my beloved Africa??"
"Why don't they understand? Or at least try to? Because they never could. Never. Why do they act like they do? They can't know...they can't know what its like to feel happy and sad at the same time. What it's like to have your heart being ripped in two because of your love for two different places."

Good things have happened though...lots of them.
making food with Christiana
dancing
singing
salsa dancing
laughing so hard I cry
falling asleep during my birthday party only to wake up to realize that's what everyone else was doing
watching Hairspray
playing with my baby brother Joshua
falling to the ground
being dropped and then landed on by Fox and still able to laugh our heads off
throwing what Mel and Bethanne told us out the window and creating a Pan and Wendy master piece dance and song
tro-tro rides
realizing that I'm okay with what's happening in my life
getting ready for music auditions
the pantomime
teasing Alex/Michael about Nemo
having my brother from another mother over nearly every Friday
watching Wylee dance in the pantomime
socks from Candra
realizing I'm almost done working
massages
Lori Line
making new friends
laughing at nothing and everything
saying something that left Fox speechless and with no immediate comeback
(for once)
being in Ghana for the time God has given me
=)

No comments: